Personal Insurance

Home/Auto/Life/and MORE!

You don't need an insurance policy. You need a personal insurance agent.

Why? An agent will take the time to learn your personal needs and identify risks. We want to make sure that your insurance actually helps protect you. Hatcher Insurance in Orlando, Florida is an independent, local insurance agency dedicated to finding you the comprehensive insurance coverages you need to protect your most important assets.

Whether you need to protect your car and home, want insurance for the possessions in your apartment, or need a general umbrella policy for peace of mind, our agents will provide you with outstanding service.

If you don't have personal insurance, or feel that you aren't getting the protection you deserve, contact Hatcher Insurance.

Give us a call today at (407) 841-2686 or fill out the contact form for more information.

Please click on a line of risk below to expand the content:

Hatchet Insurance, Inc

Whether you are building a new house or buying one, Florida home insurance is necessary to protect your investment.

If you live on the Gulf of Mexico, near the Atlantic coast, or in Central Florida, you enjoy a quality of life people envy. Making sure your home is properly insured is essential. We realize that every home and Florida homeowner is unique, and your Florida home insurance should reflect this. As your local independent insurance agency, we have the ability to shop multiple carriers, both locally and nationwide, comparing rates and resulting in the best possible solution for your homeowners insurance.

Please contact us to learn more about our superior coverage options for homeowners insurance. Our dedicated coverage specialists will be happy to provide you with a complete policy evaluation as well as offer you a complimentary Florida home insurance quote.

Typical coverage packages for Florida homeowners insurance can include protection for the following:

  • The physical structure of your home

  • Replacement cost

  • Personal possessions

  • Additional living expense (in the event of covered loss or a natural disaster)

  • Liability

In addition to these basic coverages, many homeowners need supplemental policies that add more security. Additional policies such as these are available:

  • Valuable Articles/Floater Insurance (Jewelry Insurance)

  • Flood Insurance

  • Hurricane Insurance

  • Umbrella Insurance (additional liability)

  • Animal Liability (liability issues due to household pets)

Hatchet Insurance, Inc

Motorists in the Sunshine State pay higher premiums than most people in the country. Hatcher Insurance can help you find the most affordable and reliable Florida auto insurance.

If you own a vehicle with a Florida state license plate, it must be covered with certain minimum liability insurance requirements. We realize that you want to make sure you're fully covered for a range of vehicle risks, yet at the same time keep premium expenses to a minimum. That's why our insurance specialists are dedicated to helping you find comprehensive car insurance in Florida, at a price that's fair and affordable. If you are ever involved in a car accident, you need Florida auto insurance that can protect you against potential losses.

Starting the process to get a free, no obligation quote is easy. Give us a call or fill out the online contact form and our dedicated coverage specialists will provide a professional analysis for your auto insurance needs!

You have many coverage options including:

  • Medical Injury Protection

  • Bodily Injury Liability

  • Collision and Comprehensive

  • Property Damage

  • Uninsured Motorist

Hatchet Insurance, Inc

When you choose Hatcher Insurance for your Florida life insurance, your policy will be unique and dependent on your personal and financial needs.

With life insurance, you'll be better prepared to provide for your family, even in dire circumstances. Life insurance benefits can be used for a variety of applications, including funeral costs, replacement earnings for lost wages, or even education benefits for children.

Hatcher Insurance offers two distinct types of Florida life insurance: whole and term life. Whole life insurance never expires, and therefore guarantees a payout to the policy holder. Term life insurance covers only a specific period of time, and does not guarantee a payout. Because you are not guaranteed a payout, term life insurance tends to be less expensive. Determining which of the two policies you need depends on your personal monetary and life situation. Our agents have been helping residents determine their life insurance needs for many years, and we can help you, too.

If you would like to speak to a Hatcher Insurance representative about your life insurance needs, simply fill out the contact form or call Mike Hatcher today. We can begin building a life insurance policy tailored just for you!

Hatchet Insurance, Inc

Umbrella Insurance provides exactly the type of coverage that it sounds like it would - it provides an umbrella for you to stand under. Liability issues are everywhere and you never know what could cause someone to present you with a lawsuit. Basically, Umbrella Insurance policies protect you from liability issues that go beyond the liability limits of standard insurance policies, such as your homeowners or auto insurance. This policy literally puts you under its umbrella so if you exceed the liability coverage limits on an insurance line, you will still be protected.

What does Umbrella Insurance cover?

Most liability coverage that rests within your current insurance policies only covers bodily injury and property damage to others. Umbrella policies will extend those limits to not only provide additional coverage for bodily injury and property damage, but also to cover things that are not listed under regular liability allowances. Every policy is different, so what is considered a covered liability issue under one insurance line may not be covered on another insurance line. Umbrella Insurance kicks in when these situations present themselves and/or you exceed the amount of liability coverage for the events that are already allowed under your regular insurance policies.

Why should you purchase Umbrella Insurance?

You may not think you need an umbrella policy, but consider this: What happens to you and your family's assets should you be sued for something that occurred at your home and the legal costs of the lawsuit greatly exceed the liability coverage defined by your homeowners policy? Who will pick up the tab if you are responsible for a multi-car accident and your liability costs exceed the limits on your auto insurance by thousands of dollars? Umbrella Insurance is typically purchased at a low cost to you, but will provide enough coverage to alleviate worries about liability costs in the future.

Contact your local agent at Hatcher Insurance today for more information on umbrella policies and how it can protect your own personal assets.

Hatchet Insurance, Inc

If you own a townhouse or condo, you have different insurance needs than the typical homeowner. Your homeowners association will typically handle the expenses for shared areas. Although your association dues help pay for upkeep and insurance for the common areas, they do not cover your personal property within your own unit, or your liability if someone is injured on your property. Condominium insurance provides protection where condo associations do not. Condo and townhouse coverage helps protect your possessions within your unit, including furniture, appliances, kitchen and bath facilities and your personal items.

Feel more secure by purchasing a condo or townhouse insurance plan through your local agent at Hatcher Insurance. Call or fill out the online contact form today and a dedicated coverage specialist will provide a free analysis and quote for your condo or townhome right away!

Hatchet Insurance, Inc

Did you know that 85 percent of all renters in Florida are uninsured? Are you covered? There is a very common misconception about renters insurance. Most people think that because their landlord has Florida renters insurance, they do not need their own policy. But your landlord's insurance policy protects only your landlord and the landlord's property (the structure of the building). Every renter in the state needs their own renters insurance. In Florida, living options are many, from high-rise condos, to modest family houses, to custom villas by the ocean. Renters insurance can protect you and your belongings and generally covers:

  • Personal Property - furniture, electronics, and clothing

  • Personal Liability - in the event that someone is injured

  • Damage to Your Apartment - if the damage is caused by a covered loss

If you would like to learn more about Florida renters insurance, fill out our online contact form, or speak to a Hatcher Insurance representative for expert advice from your local agent.

Hatchet Insurance, Inc

Homeowners insurance does not cover floods. Flood insurance provides some protection from the destruction and financial devastation caused by floods. Purchasing a flood insurance policy through Hatcher Insurance can help protect you and your assets. Different types of policies are available based on your property's location and flood history:

  • Standard Flood Insurance Policies
    If you live in a community that participates in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), your building and its contents can be covered by a standard flood insurance policy. The NFIP was established by the Federal Government to help communities who "voluntarily participate in the NFIP by adopting and enforcing floodplain management ordinances to reduce future flood damage." To be considered a flood, the waters must cover at least two acres or affect at least two properties. You must apply for building coverage and contents coverage separately if you choose to invest in a standard flood insurance policy.

  • Preferred Risk Flood Insurance Policies
    If your home or business is in a low or moderate risk zone, your building may qualify for a low-cost preferred risk policy. While you aren't required to purchase flood insurance in low-to-moderate risk areas, a preferred risk policy will protect your home and its contents if you are affected by a small flood or a larger flood that has extended into your low-risk area.

Don't wait until it's too late. Contacting your local agent at Hatcher Insurance today will get you on the path to flood protection with a comprehensive flood insurance policy.

Hatchet Insurance, Inc

With 1,197 miles of shoreline, palm trees, and beaches touching both the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico, Florida is a motorcycle rider's dream. While driving the open roads of the Sunshine State, you need to make sure you and your bike are protected. At Hatcher Insurance, our motorcycle insurance policies cover a motorcycle from damage caused by an accident as well as liability to other vehicles or injury caused to another party. Motorcycle insurance in Florida is mandatory and state laws require both property damage liability and bodily injury liability to be automatically included in any policy you open. Beyond that you can select coverage in the following areas:

  • Accident protection

  • Passenger protection

  • Breakdown protection

  • Replacement cost coverage

You may qualify for a number of discounts including:

  • Insuring more than one motorcycle

  • Mature riders

  • Renewals

  • Credit for qualified safety courses

Contact your local agent at Hatcher Insurance today by phone or with the online contact form for more information and a free quote.

Hatchet Insurance, Inc

Whether you use your boat or other watercraft to fish, cruise or race, the Sunshine State offers the best climate to get on the water. At Hatcher Insurance, we make sure that you enjoy your time on the water while protecting your assets. We understand the differences between policies for power boaters, sailors, and commercial fishermen, and we can tailor an insurance policy to your unique watercraft needs. Our watercraft insurance plans can provide you with coverage against many different types of loss.

  • Medical Payments Coverage
    We offer medical coverage that can cover your eligible medical expenses if you get hurt when on the water.

  • Physical Damage Coverage
    This optional coverage is typically designed to take care of your boat, motor and trailer. Our agents will help you determine the right amount of physical damage coverage for each watercraft on your policy. You will also need to choose a deductible (the amount you would pay on a claim) before your policy kicks in. This type of coverage is purchased at an additional cost.

  • Liability Coverage
    If you're involved in an accident, there's a good chance another person or another watercraft is involved. And if you're at fault, you'll need liability coverage. We'll show you what coverage and limits may be available, and how to get the maximum personalized protection you need.

Simply fill out our quick and simple online form to learn how Hatcher Insurance can help keep you safe and secure with a marine insurance policy.

Hatchet Insurance, Inc

Buying and owning an RV is a dream-come-true for many travelers across the country. Your new RV comes with a responsibility to protect and secure it on America's roadways. RV insurance coverage with Hatcher Insurance will protect your traveling companions and assets while you are on the road. RVs are used for a variety of purposes. Your RV insurance premiums will vary depending on the type and amount of usage you get out of your vehicle. Contact your local agent at Hatcher Insurance for an evaluation of your RV insurance needs.

Hatchet Insurance, Inc

Our ability to build tailored policies and offer the highest quality insurance advice is especially helpful for those who own rental properties. Whether you are renting out a long term property like a home or condo, or simply allowing others to enjoy a much-needed getaway in your luxury vacation rental, you face risk exposures, and the coverage from your homeowners insurance may not suffice. Our specialized rental property insurance can help assume the risk for damages to your premises as well as cover you against any unexpected injuries or accidents that occur involving others while on your rental property.

Your local agent at Hatcher Insurance can help protect you against a variety of issues at places you own including:

  • Properties that are vacant or up for sale

  • Properties that are under construction

  • Luxury high risk and high value vacation rentals

We also offer effective dwelling fire insurance that is specifically designed to protect rental property owners from losing rental income as the result of a fire. In most cases, this coverage will provide you with a year's worth of rental income, allowing you the time and resources to rebuild and rent again.

The insurance specialists at Hatcher Insurance secure you the most effective coverage that not only meets your needs but exceeds your expectations. Give us a call today or contact us using the online form!